Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One thing in life . . .

I remember when I was just getting started in my career. I was looking forward to college as a beginning toward my quest in my part of saving lives and improving the world.

My dad had a great part in keeping me grounded at the time. He told me that if I remembered one thing, remember this: If I can make a true difference in only one person's life, my entire career will have been worth it. I will have been successful.

The same goes for our lives in general. The simplest thing can make a difference in one's entire life. A good deed. An encouraging word. We don't necessarily need to know whether we have done that for a specific individual. All we need to know is if we make it a goal to be as kind, patient, and encouraging as we can to everyone we can, then that will be the result..

The way I see it, kindness has a lot to be said for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment