Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Treating Stress: Random Notes

For the majority of my life I have been concerned for other people's happiness and welfare. One of the most powerful, most destructive enemies of these states of existence is chronic stress.

Stress afflicts virtually everyone in our society in one form or another and to various degrees. Almost everything that happens in life is a potential cause of or an aggravating factor to stress. This is what intrigues me the most: that the need for help in this area is so ubiquitous in our society. Left unattended, severe stress can lead to serious consequences, which creates a critical need in those individuals. I feel a compulsion to do my part in fulfilling that need.

Virtually everyone has received some sort of treatment, therapy or other remedy to remove a physical pain, only to expose another previously undetected yet existent pain.  So it is with the psych: A mind with one problem usually has many others. It seems to me that the only effective way to conduct therapy for virtually any purely psychological problem is to replace, renew, rebuild, or redirect the thought processes. This will usually eventually require an eclectic approach to treatment rather than being content with the solution of an isolated problem.

This represents a challenge to me–often a very difficult challenge. It is this that I relish, especially when I think of the results when I can reach a successful conclusion in a "project." That will mean one more person will have come closer to a life of joy and peace of mind.  Toward this cause I have dedicated my life.

(Notes taken from "Stress and Coping" (1995) by Lora Morrow)


Get your free CD on Conquering Stress Today! http://www.ConquerStressToday.info

No comments:

Post a Comment